Ground Schools at Aero Maintenance (See below for details)
- Private Pilot Ground School
- July 5 – August 30
- September 6 – November 1
- Instrument Ground School
- September 12 – October 19
- Commercial Ground School
- July 6 – August 29
Events and Seminars at Pearson
- Please check back often as we roll out our events for spring 2017!
2017 Ground Schools
- Tuesday, September 12th – Thursday October 19th: Instrument Ground School (6-week program). Classes take place every Tuesday and Thursday from 6pm to 8:30pm (through Tuesday, March 28). A $50 deposit secures your spot. Call (360) 735-9441 to sign up!
- Wednesday, July 5th – Wednesday August 30th: Private Pilot Ground School (8-week program). Classes take place every Monday and Wednesday from 6pm to 8:30pm (through Wednesday, April 26th). A $50 deposit secures your spot. Call (360)735-9441 to sign up!
- Thursday, July 6th – Tuesday, August 29th: Commercial Ground School (4-week program). Classes take place every Tuesday evening 6pm – 8:30pm and Saturday morning 8am – 10:30am (through May 25th). A $50 deposit secures your spot. Call (360) 735-9441 to sign up!
Flyout schedule for 2017
- Saturday, July 23, 2016: Friday Harbor Whale Watching (see pictures here)
- August 21, 2017: Total Solar Eclipse Over Oregon
- Details are coming soon!
- Please share your ideas for possible flyouts with our staff!
- What is a flyout?
- Flyouts is an opportunity for all aviation enthusiasts to gather. The best part is, you get to fly to the destination!
- I have only had 2 flying lessons so far. Can I participate in a flyout?
- Yes. Whether it’s your first lessons or you’re an experienced pilot, a flyout is a great way to meet friends and discover the beauty of flying in the Pacific Northwest.
- I’m not a pilot and I don’t have pilot friends. Can I participate in a flyout?
- Yes. This is a great way to learn about getting into flying. We would also recommend that you take one of our Discovery Flights if you would like a more personalized experience.
- What should I bring with me to a flyout?
- If you’re flying as a passenger, bring a camera (because there will be beautiful sights along the way).
- If you will be the Pilot-In-Command, bring everything that you would usually bring as a PIC.
- How many friends can I take on a flyout?
- This depends on the capacity of the plane you’ll be flying. The earlier you sign up, the better. Call us to sign up for our flyouts.
- Can I log my time for a flyout?
- Certainly! As long as you’re the PIC for that leg of the flyout.